We have released a new and improved version of DocKIT for SharePoint 2007 about a week back. We included some nice features based on the customer feedback we received over the last few months. (BTW, we are very attentive when it comes to customer feedback and feature suggestions, which has truly brought us to where we are today).
If you are a customer waiting for just these features, then DocKIT for SharePoint 2007 v3.8 version is right for you.
1) Support for Business Data Catalog (BDC) column data type in SharePoint libraries. Business Data Catalog (BDC) column values must be provided with the appropriate filter name to use in order to query the LOB records. You must provide the BDC column value in the format: <filter name>:<value>. For example: “Company Name:NorthWind”, where Company Name is the filter name and NorthWind is the value you are searching for and would like to assign to the column.
2) You can upload documents to Link to Document SharePoint default content type. This content type allows you to store a link to a document in a document library instead of the document itself. This content type is useful when referencing documents that are stored in http(s) locations.
3) With the new version you can update the same metadata to all the existing files and folders based on wildcard characters.For example: http://sharepoint/library1/folder1/* – Update all folders and sub-folders only, but skip files http://sharepoint/library1/folder1/*.* – Update all files and sub-folders
4) When migrating folders and files from the file system to a SharePoint library, you can update the folder metadata to the file, in case there is no specific metadata given for the file that is imported to SharePoint. In other words, you can apply the same folder metadata to all files / documents within a folder, without the need to specify unique metadata entry for each file.
5) You can now use complex HTML syntax to update SharePoint columns in HTML format. This feature is especially useful for Wiki pages.
6) One of the common practices while using DocKIT is to interchangeably use UNC Path and Mapped Drive Letters when adding files to import and providing metadata entries. The earlier versions required that the user must be consistent in UNC Path or Mapped Drive letter usage when creating the import task (cannot specify both interchangeably). This new version automatically resolves UNC Path and Mapped Drives so that users can use them interchangeably without the need to fix this error and re-import documents.
Download free trial of Dockit – https://www.vyapinsoftware.com/products/sharepoint-migration/dockit/sharepoint-migration-tools
For any new feature suggestions or feedback, please contact us.